Saturday, September 28, 2019


80s TV Shows and Crushes

Mike and I were recently talking about the 1980’s NBC Tuesday night’s line up of “The A-Team”, “Riptide”, and “Remington Steele” that we used to enjoy watching.

   I had a little crush on the stars of two of those shows, Pierce Brosnan and Perry King. I wrote a fan letter to the latter once. I got a postcard with his picture on it and a stamped signature in return. He and Tracey Gold are the only stars that I’ve ever done this for.

    Thursday night’s CBS lineup was my other favorite –“Magnum P.I.” and “Simon & Simon”. I liked Tom Selleck a lot in the 1980s. I still have the two posters of him from back then.

    The 1984 Team Volleyball Captain one is messed up though because I foolishly cut across the top part of it. There was a rip in one corner from when I tried taking that sticky stuff that we used to use to hang stuff up off of it.

   I wish that I hadn’t taken apart the” Magnum P.I.” 1984 calendar. Mike lost the one page that I let him have. I might still have the “Riptide” poster. It’s kind of strange that I kept that.

    I definitely have the Don Mattingly one and the scrapbook that has 8x10’s, articles and his cards in it. I wish that I had kept the 6 Yankees yearbooks from the 80s too. My brother used to tease me so much about that crush, esp. when we were listening to or watching the games. This was so embarrassing.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...