Friday, December 20, 2019


December 12, 2015- Our NYC Adventure-Christmas

Mike and I were so exhausted when we got home from our day trip into the city yesterday at around 2:55 p.m. He took a nap after dinner. I was on the computer then telling Sharon all about our adventure.

   We should have taken an earlier train there then we would have gotten a better spot in the Plaza for the “Today” show. It was really crowded there. Mike had gotten up about an hour earlier than he had intended on. I wanted to suggest that we leave at around 6:00 but was afraid that he would be annoyed about this.

   Maybe he wouldn’t have been. I can’t help still feeling fear that he will criticize me. He had done so about me wanting to get up and go to the “Today” show last month on Wrangler’s birthday. I wound up not going but it wasn’t because of him, or maybe it partially was.

   We didn’t see Wrangler today which was disappointing. I think that he will only be there for another 7 or 8 weeks. I wish that I had gone to the Plaza during the summer for the chance of possibly seeing him. Mike always says “He’s just a dog” as he did today when I got excited about the chance of possibly seeing him.

   We saw Willie, Tamron, and Al through the window. I don’t even know who the guests were going to be for the 9:00 hour; I should have paid attention to the screen for if it had been someone that I really wanted to see I probably would have stayed there for this.

    Michael Flatley and the guy dancers were outside sometime after 8:30. We had arrived there at about 8:15. We couldn’t see them and Al that well though. At least we got a bit of a view. I would have been more upset if it were a star that I really, really like.

   I had checked the guide on my TV before we left but didn’t see any guests listed, just a few segments like how to tie a tie. 

   We took photos of the tree there then went to the other one in Bryant Park. We looked in Forever 21 and the Disney store first. In the park, we were looking in the little temporary shops. They had so many jewelry ones. I saw nice stuff in some of these.

   We couldn’t find that diner that we saw last year and wished that we had eaten at then. I couldn’t remember if it was on 7th or 5th Ave. We came across it by accident. It turned out to be on 6th. I saw a burger place when looking over on 6th from 5th. When we walked over to that I noticed the diner on the other block.

   We both ordered the Greek grilled chicken wrap. I had selected this and Mike seemed to think that it sounded good too. He liked it a lot. He even said that he is going to recommend this place to Tony. Tony and Debbie are going to the city to see the tree and Peanuts display on Sunday.

   I don’t know if Bryant Park will be a part of their plans but I will tell Mike to recommend this to them as well. I am pretty sure that Debbie would like some of those shops there.

   After that we went to Macy’s. We took photos of the Peanuts displays in the windows and of some of the decorations inside- an owl and a squirrel included. I wish that I had taken another zoomed in one of the big inflatable Snoopy. I was sort of afraid that my brother would criticize me for taking too many photos.

   I know that Sharon, Mom, and Amy would just tell me to ignore him if he did put me down about this but I guess that my brain is so tired of his put downs that it wouldn’t be able to handle hearing any more. I hate that I am not strong enough to not let him get to me.

   I was trying to find the nice cross necklaces that I had seen there a couple of months ago but they no longer even carry that brand of jewelry. I think that I did a thorough enough search of this but perhaps I did not. I might have been seriously tempted to buy one of them this time.

   The weather was so nice yesterday- high of 61 degrees, I think. It was a bit cool earlier in the day; I was wishing that I had my gloves then.
 
Rockefeller Center
 
Bryant Park
 
 
 
 
 
 

                                                               



 

 

 

 
 
 

2 comments:

themeganb32@gmail.com said...

The only bad picture is the one you never take. Never feel bad about taking a picture and to get good you need to take tons of pictures. When i take picture i take pictures. in one 3 day period in Sept i took like 300 plus pics. With digital cameras you dont need to worry about the cost of film or developing so shoot away plus i am so picky out of 300 i threw away like 2/3 i belive that in order to take one good pic you need to take 9 not so good pics in the series.

LaraAnn said...

I am the same way, needing to take lots of photos to get a good one. It seems like for every 10 that I take, 2 come out great. I will try not to hold back on the picture taking from now on. Then I won't have those regrets as I often have in the past. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...